POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A projection "screen" Server Time
30 Jun 2024 14:51:20 EDT (-0400)
  A projection "screen" (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Garrett Baird
Subject: A projection "screen"
Date: 1 Apr 2011 03:05:01
Message: <web.4d9578183b3ffb1c69a1e3600@news.povray.org>
I suspect that this is a pretty basic question, but I've not found the right
search terms yet.  I'd like to know how to do the following:  imagine you're in
a stadium, and there's one of those jumbo-tron screens that shows people in the
audience.  If I were to take a picture of that stadium, then that picture would
contain the people in the stadium, plus that jumbo-tron screen, which shows the
perspective of another camera, projected onto a rectangle.  I'd like to know how
to replicate this behavior (having a rectangle somewhere in my scene whose
texture is the projection of some other part of the scene).  Is there an easy
way to do this?

Post a reply to this message