POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : gyroid structure Server Time
30 Jun 2024 15:02:20 EDT (-0400)
  gyroid structure (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Colaroid
Subject: gyroid structure
Date: 14 Feb 2011 10:20:01
Message: <web.4d5947d7e90c1850c0abfa3e0@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I am trying to draw a 'gyroid' structure in POVRAY, but have no idea where to
start.

I have found, from a source on the internet, that the function for the surfaces
is as follows, but I'm not sure how to fit this into a POVRAY code:

v(x,y,z) = sin 2x cos y sin z + sin 2y cos z sin x + sin 2z cos x sin y - 0.15
(cos 2x cos 2y + cos 2y cos 2z + cos 2x)

A gyroid structure looks like this picture:

http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/bilder/gyroid1.png

Many thanks

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to draw a 'gyroid' structure in POVRAY, but have no idea where to
> start.
>
> I have found, from a source on the internet, that the function for the surfaces
> is as follows, but I'm not sure how to fit this into a POVRAY code:
>
> v(x,y,z) = sin 2x cos y sin z + sin 2y cos z sin x + sin 2z cos x sin y - 0.15
> (cos 2x cos 2y + cos 2y cos 2z + cos 2x)
>
> A gyroid structure looks like this picture:
>
> http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/bilder/gyroid1.png
>
> Many thanks

i think isosurface is what you need

Post a reply to this message