POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Verifying povray output Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:01:09 EDT (-0400)
  Verifying povray output (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: anupama
Subject: Verifying povray output
Date: 20 Jan 2011 04:25:00
Message: <web.4d37fe4c1f74bf96665b41380@news.povray.org>
Hi,
   I am working on povray and the objective is to test if povray is build
correctly across compilers for different optimizations. I have choosen the CPU
benchmark provided at http://www.povray.org/download/benchmark.php for this
exercise. I have enabled "All_File=povray.log" in the benchmark.ini to capture
the povray log.
   But I see that the povray log file generated has different output for
different compiler but the image file size remains same. A sample of the
parameters that are differing are given below:
Ray->Shape Intersection          Tests       Succeeded  Percentage
Box                          different        different      different
Cone/Cylinder                different        different      different
CSG Intersection             different        different      different
CSG Merge                    different        different      different
Fractal                      different        different      different
Height Field                 different        different      different
Height Field Box             different        different      different
Height Field Triangle        different        different      different

where "different" implies the number of "Tests" "Succeeded" and "Percentage" is
different for different compilers.

Can anyone please help me to understand how to verify if the rendering is done
correctly using the log file? Or any other method.

Thanks in advance,
Anupama

Post a reply to this message