POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Verifying povray output : Re: Verifying povray output Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:49:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Verifying povray output
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 20 Jan 2011 07:12:18
Message: <4d3826a2$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/20/2011 05:20 AM, anupama wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am working on povray and the objective is to test if povray is build
> correctly across compilers for different optimizations. I have choosen the CPU
> benchmark provided at http://www.povray.org/download/benchmark.php for this
> exercise. I have enabled "All_File=povray.log" in the benchmark.ini to capture
> the povray log.
>    But I see that the povray log file generated has different output for
> different compiler but the image file size remains same. A sample of the
> parameters that are differing are given below:

Well you didn't say, but is the assumption that you're doing this using
one of the latest versions of povray a safe one? If so there is a
build-in and scene file version that's been updated for the those
releases. They are identical ... the built-in version is meant to run a
certain way (a particular image size, and it writes no output file) but
does write an output log in the current directory when it completes. The
scene file version located at ~scenes/advanced/benchmark.pov is
identical in the respect that is produces the same image, however you
are able to change the parameters with which it runs ... image size,
tracing options, write an output file etc. I would be a little surprised
that you would see any significant difference in the output stats across
different platforms ... perhaps I've misunderstood what is it exactly
you're trying to accomplish.

Jim