POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : ?? Parse Error: Keyword 'point_at' cannot be used with standard light sourc= Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:02:56 EDT (-0400)
  ?? Parse Error: Keyword 'point_at' cannot be used with standard light sourc= (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Marco
Subject: ?? Parse Error: Keyword 'point_at' cannot be used with standard light sourc=
Date: 18 Nov 2010 16:10:00
Message: <web.4ce595936e6e92f6731f09e0@news.povray.org>
So I'm making a free-floating clock (without face-background surface) And I
wanted to have the 4 big hour markers shine light to the centre of the object,
so I used point_at. But this yields this weird error:

Parse Error: Keyword 'point_at' cannot be used with standard light source.

aI don't know how to solve this, so I'd like some help please.

Source:
#while (counter<12)
  object
 {
  hourmark
  rotate z*(counter*30)
 }
 #declare counter=counter+1;
#end

#declare fourmark=light_source
{
 <0,3.7,0>, rgb <0,0,0>
 point_at <0,0,0> SPOTLIGHT_ITEM
looks_like
{
cone
{
 <0,3.7,0>,2, <0,4.5,0>,0.5
}
}
#declare counter=0;
#while counter<4
 #declare counter=counter+1;
 object
{
 fourmark
 rotate z*(counter*30)
}
#end

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 19:07:31 -0200, Marco <rpo### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>  So I'm making a free-floating clock (without face-background surface)
> And I
> wanted to have the 4 big hour markers shine light to the centre of the
> object,
> so I used point_at. But this yields this weird error:
>
> Parse Error: Keyword 'point_at' cannot be used with standard light
> source.
>
> aI don't know how to solve this, so I'd like some help please.

You are using a point light; a point light source irradiates equally in
all directions and therefore the point_at keyword makes no sense. Either
remove the point_at statement or add the spotlight keyword before it.

Regards,
Hugo.
--
 From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back.