POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why is this happening when I change the background to white? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:56:44 EDT (-0400)
  Why is this happening when I change the background to white? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Brad
Subject: Why is this happening when I change the background to white?
Date: 30 Sep 2010 19:20:00
Message: <web.4ca51a5ad353eca9c40be0560@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm a physicist that uses POVRAY to visualize crystal structures and
electronic properties of materials.

I have generated the following image with POVRAY

http://yfrog.com/0sdefaulteop

Now if I set the background from black (0,0,0) to white (255, 255, 255) I get
the following image:

http://yfrog.com/n4whitebackgroundp

Notice that a lot of the blue stuff in the corners and edges of the box is now
missing.

The header (and so probably the relevant info) of my .pov file is below

#declare camera_location = <-0.10, -0.50, 0.90>;
#declare camera_look_at = <0.00, 0.00, -0.00>;
#declare camera_scale = 22.17;
#declare light_location = camera_location - camera_look_at;
#declare light_scale = 1e6;
#declare color_light = rgb <2.00, 2.00, 2.00>;
#declare color_background = rgb <0.00, 0.00, 0.00>;
#declare radius_frame = 0.01;
#declare color_frame = rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>;
#declare color_box = rgbf <1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 0.75>;
#declare length_axis = 3.82;
#declare radius_axis = 0.08;
#declare color_axis_x = rgb <1.00, 0.00, 0.00>;
#declare color_axis_y = rgb <0.00, 1.00, 0.00>;
#declare color_axis_z = rgb <0.00, 0.00, 1.00>;
#declare length_arrow = 0.2 * length_axis;
#declare radius_arrow = 2.0 * radius_axis;
#declare color_arrow_x = color_axis_x;
#declare color_arrow_y = color_axis_y;
#declare color_arrow_z = color_axis_z;
#declare radius_atom_si = 0.42;
#declare radius_bond_si = 0.15;
#declare color_atom_si = rgb <0.50, 0.60, 0.60>;
#declare color_bond_si = rgb <0.50, 0.60, 0.60>;
#declare radius_atom_p = 0.39;
#declare radius_bond_p = 0.15;
#declare color_atom_p = rgb <1.00, 0.50, 0.00>;
#declare color_bond_p = rgb <1.00, 0.50, 0.00>;
#declare color_isosurface_positive = rgbf <0.40, 0.40, 0.80, 0.75>;
#declare color_isosurface_negative = rgbf <0.80, 0.40, 0.40, 0.75>;

The blue surface is defined by the color_isosurface flags at the bottom, and
setting those from a rgbf to a purely rgb setting fixes the missing surface that
I have in that picture. However, I want my iamage to be semi-transparent. Is
there anything I can do?

Thanks so much for your help!

Post a reply to this message