POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : parse error: degenerate cone/cylinder Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  parse error: degenerate cone/cylinder (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Marco
Subject: parse error: degenerate cone/cylinder
Date: 9 Sep 2010 14:30:01
Message: <web.4c89267ea4358e646731f09e0@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm really stumped about this error

    cone
    {
        <0,1,0>, 4, <0,1,0>, 0
        //Texture {Polished_Chrome}
    }

the yellow line highlights the closing accolade, after //ing the texture line
(the error first appeared on that line)

    I've swapped the radii of the 2 caps (swapped the 4 and 0), to no avail.

    (Using povray 3.6 for Windows)

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: parse error: degenerate cone/cylinder
Date: 9 Sep 2010 16:17:30
Message: <4c8940da$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/09/2010 03:25 PM, Marco wrote:
> Hi, I'm really stumped about this error
>
>     cone
>     {
>         <0,1,0>, 4, <0,1,0>, 0
>         //Texture {Polished_Chrome}
>     }
>
> the yellow line highlights the closing accolade, after //ing the texture line
> (the error first appeared on that line)
>
>     I've swapped the radii of the 2 caps (swapped the 4 and 0), to no avail.
>
>     (Using povray 3.6 for Windows)

check your y-coordinate

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 9 Sep 2010 16:19:37
Message: <4c894159$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/09/2010 05:17 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 09/09/2010 03:25 PM, Marco wrote:
>> Hi, I'm really stumped about this error
>>
>>     cone
>>     {
>>         <0,1,0>, 4, <0,1,0>, 0
>>         //Texture {Polished_Chrome}
>>     }
>>
>> the yellow line highlights the closing accolade, after //ing the texture line
>> (the error first appeared on that line)
>>
>>     I've swapped the radii of the 2 caps (swapped the 4 and 0), to no avail.
>>
>>     (Using povray 3.6 for Windows)
>>

> check your y-coordinate

ha-ha ... for that matter the whole sha-bang ... start and end points
cannot be the same!

Post a reply to this message