POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scattering media tips Server Time
5 Jul 2024 11:01:07 EDT (-0400)
  Scattering media tips (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Scattering media tips
Date: 1 Jan 2010 13:05:00
Message: <web.4b3e38f7b2c903fc34d207310@news.povray.org>
I'm playing with scattering media & spotlights. I was trying to find a set of
conditions where I could "see" the same thing either in close-up or faraway.

So far, if I get a set of conditions that look cool in a close-up, the scene is
"black" when viewed faraway.  This makes sense in that I guess an amount of
scattering that is able to interact significantly with a spotlight will absorb
everything when seen faraway.

Any tips on how to make a cool spotlight-in-fog setting that gives similar views
independent of camera location?
thanks.

Post a reply to this message