POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : office help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  office help (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: babybri11g
Subject: office help
Date: 14 Jul 2009 21:35:00
Message: <web.4a5d31ba9eea80be42789cf80@news.povray.org>
Hello i am a high school student and i am fairly new to pov-ray. I was given an
assignment to create an office and i would like to get your opnion on it and
what improvements can be made. the following code is the code for my work in
progress.

camera { location <0,20,-32> look_at <0,5,-5>}

light_source {<10,25, -25> color rgb <1,1,1>}
 #include "colors.inc"
 # include "textures.inc."
 # include "woods.inc"

# declare table=

union {
box { <-5,0,0> <5,.5,8>
        translate <2.5,0,0>
        texture {Glass}}

box {<-5,0,0> <-4.1,-4,1>
      translate <2.5,0,0>
        texture {pigment{ color White}}}
box {<5,0,0> <4.1,-4,1>
        translate <2.5,0,0>
        texture {pigment { color White}}}
box {<-5,0,5> <-4.1,-5,6>
       translate <2.5,0,0>
        texture {pigment{ color White}}}
box {<5,0,5> <4.1,-5,6>
       translate <2.5,0,0>
       texture {pigment { color White}}}
      }

object {table
translate <11,0,-6>}

plane { <0,1,0>,-5
texture {T_Wood14}}

object {table
translate <-15,0,-6>}

object {table
translate <20,0,10> }

object {table
translate <-23,0,10>}

plane { <0,0,1>,45 texture {pigment{color Black}}}

plane {<1,0,0>,-32 texture {Green_Glass}  }

plane {<1,0,0>30  texture {Green_Glass}    }

//background {color Turquoise}
//camera { location <0,15,-29> look_at <0,5,-5>}

light_source {<10,25, -18> color rgb <1,1,1>}
 #include "colors.inc"
 # include "textures.inc."
 # include "woods.inc"

  #declare desk=

   union {
box {<5,0,0> <-15.2,-7,1>
        translate <11.6,0,0>
        texture {pigment { color White}}}
box { <-5,0,0> <18,.5,8>
        translate <0,0,1>
        texture {Glass}} }

 object {desk
 translate <-3,0,25>}

//camera { location <0,15,-29> look_at <0,5,-5>}
light_source {<10,25, -18> color rgb <1,1,1>}
 #include "colors.inc"
 # include "textures.inc."
 # include "woods.inc"

box {<-3,0,0><0,.5,2>

translate <-10,1,-2>
texture{pigment{color Red}}}

    #declare vase=
lathe{ cubic_spline 13,<0,0><.75,0><.75,.2><.3,.6><.4,.8><.5,1><.7,1.3>
<.8,1.4><1,1.5><.8,1.8><.6,2><.5,2.2><3,2.7>

texture {pigment{color Violet}}}

object {vase
    translate <2,1,8.5>
   scale<2,2,3>}

   declare chair=

   union{
box { <-3,1.8,0>, <-2,2,1>
        texture {pigment { color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
box {<-3,1,0>, <-2.9,1,1>
        translate <0,-1,0>
        texture {pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
box {<-3.1,-1.5,0>, <-2.9,5,.2>
       texture {pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
box {<-2,-1.5,0>, <-2.2,2,.2>
        texture {pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
box {<-3,0,0>, <-2.9,5,1>
        texture {pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
box {<-3.1,-1.5,1>, <-2.9,5,1>
        texture {pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
box {<-2,-1.5,1>, <-2.2,2,1>
        texture {pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
        }

 object {chair

 scale <2.5,.8,2>

 translate <-11,0,-9.8>}

 object {chair scale <2.5,.8,2>

 translate <19,0,6>
 }

object{chair

scale <3,.8,2>

translate <13,0,0>

rotate y*45}

object{chair scale <3,.8,2>

translate <8,0,-21>

rotate y*135      }

merge{

object {chair scale <3,.8,3>

rotate y*90

translate <0,0,25>

texture {pigment{color Black}}} object {desk translate <-3,0,25>}}

//the merge didn't seem to work :-(

//Thank You

Post a reply to this message