POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-Ray assumptions, and missing Utilities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:21 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-Ray assumptions, and missing Utilities (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: SA Penguin
Subject: Pov-Ray assumptions, and missing Utilities
Date: 29 Apr 2009 06:35:00
Message: <web.49f82d1b7aff840a118f58ca0@news.povray.org>
Maybe I've jumped off the deep end in my using POV...
I'm trying to create some animations, depicting antenna radiation patterns.

Ideal spherical radiators were simple, and dipoles weren't to hard (torus).
Modifying the toroid with a cardioid was an exercise in isosurfaces. But my
problems started when I combined image_maps and animation!

I have a basic 640x480 black and white grid as the image. I want the "white" to
fade as the object expands, revealing a series of nested "wave fronts". Simple,
right? just change the transmit value for the "white" component of the image map
palette.

Which one?

I'm stuck with minimal resources here- the .gif was created using MS-Windows
Paint. Someone, somewhere, has assumed everyone has access to a basic Palette
Editor. I'm blessed if I can find one, however!

So- how do YOU manage .gif (and .png) palettes?

Post a reply to this message

> I have a basic 640x480 black and white grid as the image. I want the "white" to
> fade as the object expands, revealing a series of nested "wave fronts". Simple,
> right? just change the transmit value for the "white" component of the image map
> palette.
>
> Which one?

   If the image only has black and white, most likely black will be index 0
and white will be 1.

> I'm stuck with minimal resources here- the .gif was created using MS-Windows
> Paint. Someone, somewhere, has assumed everyone has access to a basic Palette
> Editor. I'm blessed if I can find one, however!
>
> So- how do YOU manage .gif (and .png) palettes?

   I don't know what are your limitations, but if you can download and
install The Gimp, it has a palette editor.

   Regards,

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message