POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : loop 'falling over' Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  loop 'falling over' (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Graham
Subject: loop 'falling over'
Date: 21 Jan 2009 06:50:01
Message: <web.49770b5d59559b8e7fae05f50@news.povray.org>
The attached file was an attempt on my part to resolve the problem of randomly
placing objects in a plane or region in a plane so that none of the items
intersect.

In any case, part way through the render it stops, usually after 4 items are
placed and usually before 12 items are placed on top of my cylinder.

Can anyone explain why it falls over, and how to rectify it?

The file (as a .txt) can be seen at:
  http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dc55n64c_1hsvhk6gm

Post a reply to this message