POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Trace with pigments Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Trace with pigments (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Gyscos
Subject: Re: Trace with pigments
Date: 7 Jul 2008 00:10:00
Message: <web.487195f9c03ce0661ba56a630@news.povray.org>
> In your example, the union is useless and the whole thing is the same as:
> sphere { TheSpheresToPut hollow}
> but more complicated, and slower as you get an unbound object.
Actually, I was trying to get the pigment of the object. I only wanted the
sphere to appear, but with the texture of the object, hence my method with the
cutaway thing...

> Use an intersection of that box
> and all your spheres. Apply your texture to the whole intersection.

Yeah, I'd like to, but what texture ?...

Bah, I guess I'll just have to pass the pigment to my macro as well as the
object...

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 7 Jul 2008 16:00:09
Message: <487275c9$1@news.povray.org>
Gyscos nous illumina en ce 2008-07-07 00:05 -->
>> In your example, the union is useless and the whole thing is the same as:
>> sphere { TheSpheresToPut hollow}
>> but more complicated, and slower as you get an unbound object.
> Actually, I was trying to get the pigment of the object. I only wanted the
> sphere to appear, but with the texture of the object, hence my method with the
> cutaway thing...
>
>> Use an intersection of that box
>> and all your spheres. Apply your texture to the whole intersection.
>
> Yeah, I'd like to, but what texture ?...
The same texture as that of your object. You will carve out your little spheres
out of the same block of texture as your target object.

--
Alain
Unitarianism: Come let us reason together about this shit.