POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Shoot a ray at a mesh Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Shoot a ray at a mesh (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: daviddoria
Subject: Shoot a ray at a mesh
Date: 6 Jun 2008 16:50:00
Message: <web.4849a25ff5d589ac145cec320@news.povray.org>
I have a mesh (list of vertices - .obj type of file) that i would like to shoot
a ray at from a particular point and see if it hits the mesh, and if it does,
get the coordinates of the intersection.  Is this possible to do with pov ray?
Can someone point me to an example that does something like this? Does pov ray
have its own scripting language or will I have to dig through the source code
to do this task?

Thanks,

Dave

Post a reply to this message