POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Slicing an ellipsoid Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Slicing an ellipsoid (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Francesco
Subject: Slicing an ellipsoid
Date: 3 Nov 2007 04:40:00
Message: <web.472c41bce1cfba5173fa22050@news.povray.org>
I need to generate only a portion of an ellipsoid (a surface, not a solid). The
best way to proceed is by declaring it as a difference between an ellipsoid and
a box? Thanks in advance for help. I am trying to learn by myself but I am
afraid it will require a lot of time, so any help is useful.

Francesco

Post a reply to this message

 "Francesco" <nas### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I need to generate only a portion of an ellipsoid (a surface, not a solid).
> The
> best way to proceed is by declaring it as a difference between an ellipsoid
> and
> a box? Thanks in advance for help. I am trying to learn by myself but I am
> afraid it will require a lot of time, so any help is useful.
>
> Francesco

or a plane

--
klp

Post a reply to this message

"Francesco" <nas### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I need to generate only a portion of an ellipsoid (a surface, not a solid). The
> best way to proceed is by declaring it as a difference between an ellipsoid and
> a box?

It seems to me I need to use isosurface. I am studying them :)

Post a reply to this message