POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simultaneous views Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Simultaneous views (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Pahidla
Subject: Simultaneous views
Date: 3 Oct 2007 23:15:01
Message: <web.47045a323e5a699d3ccd3f470@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I know that PovRay was not historically meant as a GUI, but is it possible
to generate, say, 4 simultaneous views of the scene with different camera
settings?

Thank you.

Pahidla

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Simultaneous views
Date: 3 Oct 2007 23:25:15
Message: <47045d1b$1@news.povray.org>
Pahidla nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/03 23:12:
> Hi,
>
> I know that PovRay was not historically meant as a GUI, but is it possible
> to generate, say, 4 simultaneous views of the scene with different camera
> settings?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Pahidla

Not directly. It can be possible using some tricks to create an image where the
same scene apears several times from different point of view, but it's far from
obvious.

--
Alain
   If it weren't for pickpockets, I'd have no sex life at all.

Post a reply to this message

From: Pahidla
Date: 4 Oct 2007 00:25:01
Message: <web.47046af2d920753e3ccd3f470@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Pahidla nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/03 23:12:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know that PovRay was not historically meant as a GUI, but is it possible
> > to generate, say, 4 simultaneous views of the scene with different camera
> > settings?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Pahidla
> >

> Not directly. It can be possible using some tricks to create an image where the
> same scene apears several times from different point of view, but it's far from
> obvious.
>
> --
> Alain
>    If it weren't for pickpockets, I'd have no sex life at all.
>     Rodney Dangerfield

I'm happy to hear suggestions!

Post a reply to this message

From: Karl Anders
Date: 4 Oct 2007 01:10:00
Message: <web.47047493d920753e6dde0d470@news.povray.org>
> I'm happy to hear suggestions!

Hi,

easiest way: use MegaPOV, have some boxes far away from your "real" scene
which have
pigment{ camera_view{ /* camera-items */ ... } }
and your "real" camera looks_at those blocks, of course ...

This does not work under all circumstances, but I find it useful when
constructing new objects to be able to test-render them in on go and have
different views in the same picture. Could do that by using rotated and
translated copies, but they tend to influence each other (shadows and such)

Happy rendering

Karl

Post a reply to this message

From: William Tracy
Date: 4 Oct 2007 19:00:54
Message: <470570a6@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 5 Oct 2007 08:12:09
Message: <47062a19@news.povray.org>
William Tracy wrote:

> How about a four-frame animation with a moving camera?

Desk.pov in the advanced scenes folder does something similar.  Look at
the "#declare Picture" block (although I probably would have used
frame_number rather than clock).

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+