POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering 3D text Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering 3D text (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: carleton
Subject: Rendering 3D text
Date: 8 Aug 2007 07:05:00
Message: <web.46b9a2d26c254cfe326f2a60@news.povray.org>
Hi folks, I am starting a one man software company and am looking for a
logo.  I saw this the other day:

http://www.phplivesupport.com/pics/screenshots/setup_trackit.gif

and realized it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, except rather then a
dollar sign, I wanted two capital letter P's.  Years back (around 1992) I
played with povray and thought it would be the ideal tool to create such a
graphic, but it has been so long I thought I might see if anyone here might
be able to help me setup on a script to create something basic like this.

Carleton

Post a reply to this message

> Hi folks, I am starting a one man software company and am looking for a
> logo.  I saw this the other day:
>
> http://www.phplivesupport.com/pics/screenshots/setup_trackit.gif
>
> and realized it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, except rather then a
> dollar sign, I wanted two capital letter P's.  Years back (around 1992) I
> played with povray and thought it would be the ideal tool to create such a
> graphic, but it has been so long I thought I might see if anyone here
> might
> be able to help me setup on a script to create something basic like this.
>
> Carleton

camera {
 location <0.7,1.25,-1.25>
 look_at 0.3*y
}
light_source { <-3, 10, -3> color rgb 1 }
light_source { <0, 0.3, 1> color rgb 1 }

#declare Arrow = union {
  // Arrow Head
  difference {
    box {<0,0.47,0><1,0.53,1>}
    plane { x,0 rotate  30*y translate x*0.35}
    plane {-x,0 rotate -30*y translate x*0.65}

  }
  // Shaft
  difference {
    cylinder {y*0.47,y*0.53,0.55}
    cylinder {0,y,0.45}
    box {0,1}
  }
  texture {
    pigment { color rgb <136,183,235>/300}
    finish {ambient 0.6}
    normal {agate 0.4 scale 0.01}
  }
}

#declare P = text {
  ttf
  "crystal.ttf",
  "P",
  0.1,
  0
  texture {
    pigment { color rgb <52,108,171>/220}
    finish {ambient 0.6}
    normal {agate 0.4 scale 0.01}
  }
}

object {Arrow no_shadow rotate -y*20 translate -y*0.1}
object {P translate -0.4*x}
object {P translate -0.02*x}

plane {y,0
  texture {
    pigment {color rgb 1}
    finish {ambient 0.3}
    normal {agate 0.04 scale 0.05}
  }
}

Post a reply to this message

Chris B nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/08 09:39:
> "carleton" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>> Hi folks, I am starting a one man software company and am looking for a
>> logo.  I saw this the other day:
>>
>> http://www.phplivesupport.com/pics/screenshots/setup_trackit.gif
>>
>> and realized it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, except rather then a
>> dollar sign, I wanted two capital letter P's.  Years back (around 1992) I
>> played with povray and thought it would be the ideal tool to create such a
>> graphic, but it has been so long I thought I might see if anyone here
>> might
>> be able to help me setup on a script to create something basic like this.
>>
>> Carleton
>>

> camera {
>  location <0.7,1.25,-1.25>
>  look_at 0.3*y
> }
> light_source { <-3, 10, -3> color rgb 1 }
> light_source { <0, 0.3, 1> color rgb 1 }
>

> #declare Arrow = union {
>   // Arrow Head
>   difference {
>     box {<0,0.47,0><1,0.53,1>}
>     plane { x,0 rotate  30*y translate x*0.35}
>     plane {-x,0 rotate -30*y translate x*0.65}
>
>   }
>   // Shaft
>   difference {
>     cylinder {y*0.47,y*0.53,0.55}
>     cylinder {0,y,0.45}
>     box {0,1}
>   }
>   texture {
>     pigment { color rgb <136,183,235>/300}
>     finish {ambient 0.6}
>     normal {agate 0.4 scale 0.01}
>   }
> }
>
> #declare P = text {
>   ttf
>   "crystal.ttf",
>   "P",
>   0.1,
>   0
>   texture {
>     pigment { color rgb <52,108,171>/220}
>     finish {ambient 0.6}
>     normal {agate 0.4 scale 0.01}
>   }
> }
>
> object {Arrow no_shadow rotate -y*20 translate -y*0.1}
> object {P translate -0.4*x}
> object {P translate -0.02*x}
>
> plane {y,0
>   texture {
>     pigment {color rgb 1}
>     finish {ambient 0.3}
>     normal {agate 0.04 scale 0.05}
>   }
> }

For the double "P" just put "PP" after "crystal.ttf" instead of "P".

--
Alain
If a man could have half of his wishes, he would double his troubles.