POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animated image_map? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Animated image_map? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Espen
Subject: Animated image_map?
Date: 16 Jan 2007 09:00:01
Message: <web.45acd96f3baf785ca24f7610@news.povray.org>
I need to do something like this:

   AnimatedImage = "imagename" + frame_number + ".png"

   texture {
      pigment { image_map { png Animatedimage } }
   }

So what I'm trying to do is add an animated texture to my scene.  Can this
be done with macros or whatever?

TIA
, Espen

Post a reply to this message

>    AnimatedImage = "imagename" + frame_number + ".png"
>
>    texture {
>       pigment { image_map { png Animatedimage } }
>    }
>
> So what I'm trying to do is add an animated texture to my scene.  Can this
> be done with macros or whatever?
>
> TIA
> , Espen

#declare MapName=concat("imagename",str(frame_number,0,0),".png")

Should work.  Make sure frame_number is formatted properly.  Also, the
extension is not explicitly needed, but can be kept if you like it...

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> #declare MapName=concat("imagename",str(frame_number,0,0),".png")
>
> Should work.  Make sure frame_number is formatted properly.  Also, the
> extension is not explicitly needed, but can be kept if you like it...
>
> -tgq

Thank you. That worked perfectly. :-)

, Espen

Post a reply to this message

> #declare MapName=concat("imagename",str(frame_number,0,0),".png")
>
> Should work.  Make sure frame_number is formatted properly.  Also, the
> extension is not explicitly needed, but can be kept if you like it...
>
> -tgq

Mmmmm.. Animated bumpmap? :)

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen