POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Prisms with rounded edges Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Prisms with rounded edges (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: tgl
Subject: Prisms with rounded edges
Date: 6 Jul 2006 19:30:01
Message: <web.44ad9bee9efe3320dd8de7220@news.povray.org>
Hello folks,
  Is there a way to round the edges of a prism... kind of
Superellipsoid-like? If so, let me know.
  Thanx to all,
   tgl

Post a reply to this message

From: gonzo
Subject: Re: Prisms with rounded edges
Date: 6 Jul 2006 21:03:17
Message: <44adb2d5@news.povray.org>
tgl wrote:
>  Hello folks,
>   Is there a way to round the edges of a prism... kind of
> Superellipsoid-like? If so, let me know.
>   Thanx to all,
>    tgl

I've had some success using a sphere_sweep built on the same spline as
the prism with a radius of the size I want the rounded edge.  Use a
union or merge of two scaled prisms with the sphere_sweep.

Doesn't seem to work consistently for all spline types though, you may
have to tweak it some. Depends on the type and complexity of the spline.

RG

Post a reply to this message