POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Prisms with rounded edges : Re: Prisms with rounded edges Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prisms with rounded edges
From: gonzo
Date: 6 Jul 2006 21:03:17
Message: <44adb2d5@news.povray.org>
tgl wrote:
>  Hello folks,
>   Is there a way to round the edges of a prism... kind of
> Superellipsoid-like? If so, let me know.
>   Thanx to all,
>    tgl

I've had some success using a sphere_sweep built on the same spline as
the prism with a radius of the size I want the rounded edge.  Use a
union or merge of two scaled prisms with the sphere_sweep.

Doesn't seem to work consistently for all spline types though, you may
have to tweak it some. Depends on the type and complexity of the spline.

RG