POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : blending out texture/pigment/image_map? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  blending out texture/pigment/image_map? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: wollinger
Subject: blending out texture/pigment/image_map?
Date: 1 Apr 2006 17:35:01
Message: <web.442eff71e5d17a4735c7a4050@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I want to blend out the "elevation model" an also the complete height field
so that I can see what is below the surface (with timesteps by "clock").
But I don't understand what parameter I have to use to do this.

tnx, wolfgang

This is the code I have:

height_field {
 tga "dem15v2.tga"    // my height model
 smooth
    texture {
        pigment {
                image_map { // an overlay graphic
                facing +z, top to +Y
                png "luft5.png"

                transmit all 0.4  // some transparence so that I can see
partly below surface
                once
                }
             rotate x*90 // align map to height_field
        }

     }

  finish {
     ambient 0.6 // Very dark shadows
     diffuse 0.1 // Whiten the whites
     specular 0.25
     roughness 0.4

     }

  scale <10980,65535,10980 > // dx,dz,dy of extent in meters
  translate < 419020, 0, 279020> // west_corner, 0, south_corner
}

Post a reply to this message