POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Not using CPU during rendering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Not using CPU during rendering (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Dizzy J
Subject: Not using CPU during rendering
Date: 7 Oct 2005 15:25:00
Message: <web.4346cb61f2a15b95511e80690@news.povray.org>
I don't know if this is a bug, something that usually happens or a problem
with my settings. Last night, I set up a rendering in PoseRay with five DAZ
Millenium figures and a backdrop and set it to render with lights created
by the HDRI simulation in PoseRay.

As of this morning, when I left for work, it hadn't finished rendering.
That's not so much of an issue, as I had a high poly-count scene with lots
of lights and radiosity. However, my CPU history showed that Pov-ray (the
only application running) was only using between 2-10% of the CPU. Most of
the CPU cycles were going unused. In the bit I monitored, the CPU never hit
20% usage. My past renderings have left the CPU pegged at or near 100% for
the entire duration.

Is this a bug or is there something I can do to avoid this in the future?

I'm running the most recent Pov-Ray and Pose-ray on a brand new Dell laptop
with Windows XP (don't have the machine specs here at work).

Thanks

Post a reply to this message