POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with Antialiasing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with Antialiasing (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Problem with Antialiasing
Date: 1 Oct 2005 09:40:04
Message: <433e91b4$1@news.povray.org>
kiesi wrote:
>>As a new users should absolutely positively not be using a beta
>>version of POV-Ray.
>
> Come on! I'm running 4 or 5 Versions of Pov-Ray.
> I think everyone is allowed to use Betas.
> I didn't see the sign sayin: "Not for new users" ;)

This has nothing to do with being "allowed to use Betas", nobody here wants
to deny you the right to use a beta version!  You are free to hurt yourself.
  If your problems aren't a clear sign "Not for new users" to you, fine, but
please do not hurt others by posting about known problems of old beta
versions in groups where they do not belong!

Your posts clearly indicate that you do not know how to participate in a
beta test and did not read or understand the list of known bugs.  Not only
did you manage to use an old beta version, you did not even mention that you
are using a beta version at all until someone explicitly asked.  Both is not
surprising given you are a new users.

Further, you clearly have general problems using POV-Ray, and thus the
*last* thing you want is having to wonder if you made a mistake or it is
just a bug in the beta version.  If you haven't noticed so far, doing that
is a total waste of time for you.  Even worse, you also waste the time of
those trying to help you when they first have to ask for version information
and it turns out your are using an outdated beta version.

Clearly we are not going to try to make the beta website foolproof by
telling new users to stay away.  It should be common sense not to use a beta
version of any software when you are just learning how to use it.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

>   Then you would be the only one. Are you absolutely sure you selected
> antialiasing method 2?

JUHU I got it.
There was another mistake in my script ^^.
But now it works fine with AA.

Thank u very much!

greez
kiesi

Post a reply to this message

> This has nothing to do with being "allowed to use Betas", nobody here wants
> to deny you the right to use a beta version!  You are free to hurt yourself.
>   If your problems aren't a clear sign "Not for new users" to you, fine, but
> please do not hurt others by posting about known problems of old beta
> versions in groups where they do not belong!
>
> Your posts clearly indicate that you do not know how to participate in a
> beta test and did not read or understand the list of known bugs.  Not only
> did you manage to use an old beta version, you did not even mention that you
> are using a beta version at all until someone explicitly asked.  Both is not
> surprising given you are a new users.
>
> Further, you clearly have general problems using POV-Ray, and thus the
> *last* thing you want is having to wonder if you made a mistake or it is
> just a bug in the beta version.  If you haven't noticed so far, doing that
> is a total waste of time for you.  Even worse, you also waste the time of
> those trying to help you when they first have to ask for version information
> and it turns out your are using an outdated beta version.
>
> Clearly we are not going to try to make the beta website foolproof by
> telling new users to stay away.  It should be common sense not to use a beta
> version of any software when you are just learning how to use it.
>
>  Thorsten

What should i say?

OMFG

Sorry I'm just human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!