POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fly By Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Fly By (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Carl
Subject: Fly By
Date: 15 Apr 2005 17:55:00
Message: <web.426037aff1ed9f7770dc520d0@news.povray.org>
I've modeled the Light Cycle arena from the movie TRON.  I'm wanting to
render a few fly-by animations with the camera banking, etc.  I'm familiar
with Spline_Trans.  Is there a way to apply this to a camera?  Or is there
a better way to generate simple fly-by animations.

Thanks,
Carl

Post a reply to this message

"Carl" <car### [at] semisouthcom> wrote:
> I've modeled the Light Cycle arena from the movie TRON.  I'm wanting to
> render a few fly-by animations with the camera banking, etc.  I'm familiar
> with Spline_Trans.  Is there a way to apply this to a camera?  Or is there
> a better way to generate simple fly-by animations.
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

P.S.  Here is a pic of my arena.

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/arena.png

Post a reply to this message

>I've modeled the Light Cycle arena from the movie TRON.  I'm wanting to
>render a few fly-by animations with the camera banking, etc.  I'm familiar
>with Spline_Trans.  Is there a way to apply this to a camera?  Or is there
>a better way to generate simple fly-by animations.

There's a good example of how to use Spline_Trans with a camera in the
supplied demo scene "Splinefollow.pov". You just have to use
   #declare FirstPerson = yes;
to activate it. It does all the banking automatically.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> There's a good example of how to use Spline_Trans with a camera in the
> supplied demo scene "Splinefollow.pov". You just have to use
>    #declare FirstPerson = yes;
> to activate it. It does all the banking automatically.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Thanks...  That's exactly what I was after.

Carl