POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  <no subject> (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Hal
Subject: <no subject>
Date: 4 Apr 2005 11:55:00
Message: <web.425161d0c23a6d961e1ea2d0@news.povray.org>
ok, i'm a newbie as you can see, and sorry about my poor english ...

here's the deal :
i'm builting a spaceship , and i wanna render it with Povray

but a spaceship needs big rockets (or whatever the name is ) with big
glowing lights , rigth ?

so ... i had one ideia ,  i built a rocket , then , i put several ligths
near the exit of it , and blocking the way out , i put in there a ball full
of media , just like this one :

http://img215.exs.cx/img215/2451/h9vy.jpg

but i have a little problem ... when i put this ball in front of a bright
thing , like the rocket, it reacts to the bright part and it looks like it
is not there, or something ... i try to increse the amount of media and
make it stronger ... but its not very good , the ball looks diferent if we
look at diferent angles , because the things beyind it change ...

so , my question is ...

is there a way to make the ball's opacity very big , to appear always the
same thing no matter what the angle or scene ilumination is ????

tanks  :)

Post a reply to this message

> is there a way to make the ball's opacity very big , to appear always
> the same thing no matter what the angle or scene ilumination is ????

Hal,

Welcome.

What kind of media are you using for the blue ball? Is it only emitting
media? If so, also add some absorbing media with the opposite colour
(1-ballcolour).

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

Section 1.3.6 here might be of some help:

http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/58/

> ok, i'm a newbie as you can see, and sorry about my poor english ...
>
> here's the deal :
> i'm builting a spaceship , and i wanna render it with Povray
>
> but a spaceship needs big rockets (or whatever the name is ) with big
> glowing lights , rigth ?
>
> so ... i had one ideia ,  i built a rocket , then , i put several ligths
> near the exit of it , and blocking the way out , i put in there a ball full
> of media , just like this one :
>
> http://img215.exs.cx/img215/2451/h9vy.jpg
>
> but i have a little problem ... when i put this ball in front of a bright
> thing , like the rocket, it reacts to the bright part and it looks like it
> is not there, or something ... i try to increse the amount of media and
> make it stronger ... but its not very good , the ball looks diferent if we
> look at diferent angles , because the things beyind it change ...
>
> so , my question is ...
>
> is there a way to make the ball's opacity very big , to appear always the
> same thing no matter what the angle or scene ilumination is ????
>
> tanks  :)

i have just started my first media experiments myself, also whit a rocket
engine
for that i used emmitting media thats cone shaped. im not sure what you are
looking for but in my case it looks very good.

roelof