POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Specifying light varying intensity. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Specifying light varying intensity. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jon Cage
Subject: Specifying light varying intensity.
Date: 21 Mar 2005 07:35:00
Message: <web.423ebe462033ebffb7fd4d090@news.povray.org>
Hi there, I'm new to POV-Ray and am trying to model some Luxeon emitters.
I'd like to model the radiation patterns they produce. The technical
documents give some typical spatial radiation patterns :

http://www.lumileds.com/pdfs/DS25.pdf

I was hoping I could enter this information into the settings for a light
source somehow, but can't see a way to go about it. Could anyone suggest a
way to achieve this?

Post a reply to this message

> Hi there, I'm new to POV-Ray and am trying to model some Luxeon emitters.
> I'd like to model the radiation patterns they produce. The technical
> documents give some typical spatial radiation patterns :
>
> http://www.lumileds.com/pdfs/DS25.pdf
>
> I was hoping I could enter this information into the settings for a light
> source somehow, but can't see a way to go about it. Could anyone suggest a
> way to achieve this?

My best guess would be to somehow use either emitting media w/radiosity,
or a small area light with the appropriate areas shadowed.

One thing my may be interested in, becuase you can define light by
wavelength and color temp:

http://www.ignorancia.org/lightsys.php

HTH

--