POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : uv mapping on a bicubic patch question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  uv mapping on a bicubic patch question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mienai
Subject: uv mapping on a bicubic patch question
Date: 26 Feb 2005 00:40:00
Message: <web.42200b7e535873a49101c43e0@news.povray.org>
So I have a bicubic patch and I'm trying to apply two marble pattern
textures to it with uv mapping, one rotated 90 degrees from the other.
Unfortunately the rotation causes the pattern to become stretched instead
of being rotated.  Anyone know why and/or how to fix this?

Post a reply to this message

>So I have a bicubic patch and I'm trying to apply two marble pattern
>textures to it with uv mapping, one rotated 90 degrees from the other.
>Unfortunately the rotation causes the pattern to become stretched instead
>of being rotated.  Anyone know why and/or how to fix this?

You have to rotate around the z axis only.

(I suppose, theoretically, as a UV mapped texture you ought to rotate
around the W axis, but there isn't one.)

I used

  uv_mapping

  texture {pigment {marble
    scale 0.1
    colour_map {[0.5 rgb 1][0.5 rgb x]}
    rotate z*90
  }}
  texture {pigment {marble
    scale 0.1
    colour_map {[0.5 rgbt 1][0.5 rgb x]}
  }}

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> You have to rotate around the z axis only.
>
> (I suppose, theoretically, as a UV mapped texture you ought to rotate
> around the W axis, but there isn't one.)
>
> I used
>

>   uv_mapping
>
>   texture {pigment {marble
>     scale 0.1
>     colour_map {[0.5 rgb 1][0.5 rgb x]}
>     rotate z*90
>   }}
>   texture {pigment {marble
>     scale 0.1
>     colour_map {[0.5 rgbt 1][0.5 rgb x]}
>   }}
>

> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Post a reply to this message