POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Tool recommendation for generating a movie Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Tool recommendation for generating a movie (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andy C
Subject: Tool recommendation for generating a movie
Date: 17 Oct 2004 05:10:01
Message: <web.417235ca879ec523e6c69db60@news.povray.org>
I have googled all over for this... but I haven't found a good solution.

I am up to the point of generating a series of .pov files that correspond to
frames in the movie.

Then I need to convert each .pov to a .bmp.  I haven't found a good way of
doing this... is there a way to programmatically access the queue in POV?
Because it is too much of a pain to add every file to the queue manually.
I also tried running the individual frames through the command line with
/render and then /exit, but it seems quite slow (in comparison to my fast
preview mode, where each frame takes a fraction of a second to render) --
because the whole GUI and splash screen starts and exits for every frame.

Then I have an bmp2avi tool -- if anyone has any recommendations about this
I would appreciate it too.

Thanks in advance for any help.  It seems like this is probably a common
thing and there is already an accepted way of doing it.

p.s. Also -- what is the new server name?  news.povray.org?  I can't seem to
connect to it via NNTP.

Post a reply to this message