POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mismatched reflections Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Mismatched reflections (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Statler
Subject: Mismatched reflections
Date: 7 Oct 2004 05:05:00
Message: <web.416506687ca873e1841517f40@news.povray.org>
Recently I started working on an image that requires mismatched reflections,
as in Gilles Trans' "Dark Side of the Trees". Can anyone tell me how this
is accomplished?

The best idea I've had so far is rendering the image once then cutting out
the pond surface and applying it as a surface to a plane in the actual
render with different objects.

Is there a better way?

Post a reply to this message

> Recently I started working on an image that requires mismatched
> reflections, as in Gilles Trans' "Dark Side of the Trees". Can anyone
> tell me how this is accomplished?
>
> The best idea I've had so far is rendering the image once then cutting
> out the pond surface and applying it as a surface to a plane in the
> actual render with different objects.
>
> Is there a better way?

a simple no_image vs no_reflection come to mind.
I guess that no_shadow should also be applied to the image-less.

In fact, you could as well perform a 3-ways mismatch:
 an object with a different reflection and a different shadow...

 object { A no_image no_shadow }
 object { B no_reflection no_shadow }
 object { C no_image no_reflection }

--

l'habillement, les chaussures que le maquillage et les accessoires.