POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mismatched reflections : Re: Mismatched reflections Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mismatched reflections
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Oct 2004 05:27:04
Message: <Xns957B747D4BFD9jgrimbertmeandmyself@203.29.75.35>

> Recently I started working on an image that requires mismatched
> reflections, as in Gilles Trans' "Dark Side of the Trees". Can anyone
> tell me how this is accomplished?
>
> The best idea I've had so far is rendering the image once then cutting
> out the pond surface and applying it as a surface to a plane in the
> actual render with different objects.
>
> Is there a better way?

a simple no_image vs no_reflection come to mind.
I guess that no_shadow should also be applied to the image-less.

In fact, you could as well perform a 3-ways mismatch:
 an object with a different reflection and a different shadow...

 object { A no_image no_shadow }
 object { B no_reflection no_shadow }
 object { C no_image no_reflection }

--

l'habillement, les chaussures que le maquillage et les accessoires.