POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Two transparent objects Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Two transparent objects (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Neil Fraser
Subject: Two transparent objects
Date: 13 Jun 2004 11:50:00
Message: <web.40cc76dce592e47d2b83a860@news.povray.org>
Here's a simple test rendering:
  http://neil.fraser.name/test.jpg

It is a solid glass sphere, nested inside a hollow glass hemisphere.  The
yellow bar in the background is just for reference.  Individually the
sphere and the hemisphere are perfect.  But for some reason when combined
they suddenly go opaque.  I've switched on photon refraction, but that
doesn't seem to make a big difference.  What am I missing?

Source is here:
  http://neil.fraser.name/test.pov

Post a reply to this message