POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : wrapping text around a cylinder Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  wrapping text around a cylinder (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: wrapping text around a cylinder
Date: 15 Jan 2004 17:25:09
Message: <cjameshuff-E0CDE0.17252815012004@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <4005d67c@news.povray.org>,
 "Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Hmm, the more I think about it... the name Label_Text might make the most
> sense. Even the original macro makes what could be used as decals, as kind
> of label too. I'll go back to p.t.s-f. and suggest that.

Just because you use it for labels doesn't mean everyone will. Name it
for what it does...it puts text in a circle. Label_Text() is both overly
specific (the macro can be used for things other than labels) and overly
vague. (What kind of label?) The original Circle_Text() could also be
used for labels, as could an ordinary text object. It is another version
of the Circle_Text() macro with some added functionality, so it should
be named as such.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/