POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Forest Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Forest (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: mathfan
Subject: Forest
Date: 17 Sep 2003 12:25:01
Message: <web.3f688acbaff1568249a4a06e0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm trying to make a nice landscape picture, but I don't know how to make
forest. I've tried things like tomtree, but when I try to place several
copies of the tree around on my height field the scene becomes so
complicated (~140000+ frame level objects) even without foliage on the
trees. Does anyone know how I can make simple trees that look realistic so
they can be used for my forest project?

thanx

Post a reply to this message