POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Moving objects Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Moving objects (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: pat
Subject: Moving objects
Date: 2 Jul 2003 06:55:01
Message: <web.3f02b9ddcfb9d4da34b9f8800@news.povray.org>
Dear All,

I've generated a lot of data for objects that I want to render into a movie
and I realise now that they are in slightly the wrong place. Without having
to regenerate all the data is there a PovRay command or workaround that
will allow all the position information following this command to be
shifted and/or rotated by some amount? Thank you very much for your help!!
Best,
Pat

Free your mind. There is no spoon.
Dr. Patrick Bangert
http://www.knot-theory.org
Research Instructor for Mathematics
International University Bremen

Post a reply to this message

You can, but I wouldn't say it's a workaround. In povray you can use
transformations to translate, scale or rotate objects.

example:
sphere { 0, 1, translate <1,2,3> }
creates a sphere centered on origin and translates it to position
<1,2,3> where it will appear when rendering.

Refer to documentation for further info, it's all well explained.

JC