POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Moving objects : Re: Moving objects Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moving objects
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 2 Jul 2003 07:10:30
Message: <3F02BDA5.6090606@spam.fr>
You can, but I wouldn't say it's a workaround. In povray you can use
transformations to translate, scale or rotate objects.

example:
sphere { 0, 1, translate <1,2,3> }
creates a sphere centered on origin and translates it to position
<1,2,3> where it will appear when rendering.

Refer to documentation for further info, it's all well explained.

JC