POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Object Import ??? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Object Import ??? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: patrick
Subject: Object Import ???
Date: 7 Feb 2003 13:00:03
Message: <web.3e43f2bbe6445257dd955790@news.povray.org>
all my effort to get an object nicely into PovRay was unsuccessful.
I tried the "ppModeler" but the best I got...

Please have a look at <a
href="http://www.luescher.net/pov/">http://www.luescher.net/pov/</a>
I made a small site with my question.

Patrick

Post a reply to this message

From: hughes, b
Subject: Re: Object Import ???
Date: 7 Feb 2003 13:28:15
Message: <3e43fabf@news.povray.org>
"patrick" <pat### [at] lueschernet> wrote in message
> all my effort to get an object nicely into PovRay was unsuccessful.
> I tried the "ppModeler" but the best I got...
>
> Please have a look at http://www.luescher.net/pov/
> I made a small site with my question.

Perhaps the important thing to try would be keyword double_illuminate in the
obects statement. It looks to me that the object has surface normals facing
various directions. Not positive that is the reason for the appearance but
it's worth a try.

Post a reply to this message

>"patrick" <pat### [at] lueschernet> wrote in message
>> all my effort to get an object nicely into PovRay was unsuccessful.
>> I tried the "ppModeler" but the best I got...
>>
>> Please have a look at http://www.luescher.net/pov/
>> I made a small site with my question.
>
>Perhaps the important thing to try would be keyword double_illuminate in the
>obects statement. It looks to me that the object has surface normals facing
>various directions. Not positive that is the reason for the appearance but
>it's worth a try.

Hughes has a good point.  It may help to post your pov code at your link.
I'm not a PovRay Guru but there are others that love to find the bugs in
the code.
 Where are the light sources located?  It may help you to add a PovRay
Sphere  or other simple object that you know renders well to see if the
problem is your environment or your object.
Tony
xen### [at] xenomechanicscom

Post a reply to this message