POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray and 3D graphs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  povray and 3D graphs (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Daniel C  Bastos
Subject: povray and 3D graphs
Date: 16 Apr 2008 19:59:01
Message: <slrng0cijt.fin.dbast0s@yahoo.com.br>
Hi there. I'm interested in plotting some graphs in povray. I have been
reading the documentation in the help file, but it is not going torwards
telling me how to plot, say, x = cos(t), y = cos(t), z = t. Could
someone point me in some direction where I can learn the basics of
getting some parametric equations plotted?

I understand some softwares specially written for this purpose are
easier to use, but as I'd like to do some povraying in general and I
often would like to plot some equations and vectors et cetera, I thought
of using povray for my current needs.

Also, the quality of the images of povray are great, and using it for
plotting equations seems to be more educational; I need to think about
the curves and where I want look at them from, which seems like a good
idea. Thanks for any pointers.

Post a reply to this message