POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how can i make dust ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  how can i make dust ? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Alexander Nagel
Subject: how can i make dust ?
Date: 27 Nov 2005 10:02:05
Message: <pan.2005.11.27.15.02.04.367146@web.de>
Hi all,
i have a driving car in the desert. How can i make a dust cloud behind the
car.
I'm not so familiar with all texture possibilities and need a hint.
I thought about a cone with a half transmission but it's too regular and
really a cloud.
thx
Alex

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not so familiar with all texture possibilities and need a hint.
> I thought about a cone with a half transmission but it's too regular and
> really a cloud.

You could take a particle system, e.g. Rune's (www.runevision.com) or mine
(www.nolights.de) and use those to place lots of spherical particles filled
with media, or discs facing the camera, with a transparent rim and slightly
less transparent center.

Hope that gives you a start,
Tim

--