POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : without light, why are my objects not black Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  without light, why are my objects not black (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: oldmicah
Subject: without light, why are my objects not black
Date: 9 Jul 2003 14:00:01
Message: <web.3f0c57f3336da44e8acd6b550@news.povray.org>
I started with a fairly complex scene and noticed that my bookshelves, even
in the deepest shadows, were not fading into black.  They reached a minimum
luminosity and stayed there.  After eliminating everything in the scene but
my bookshelves (including all lights), I can still see the bookshelves:
faintly, but they are there.  Is there a setting I can use that will allow
them to totally fade to black?

Thanks for any pointers, I've been banging my head against the wall for
several days on this.

-Steve

//#include "shapes.inc"

camera {
 location  <-15,30,-155>
 look_at <10,0,-5>
}

#declare bcwidth=28.0;
#declare bcheight=36.0;
#declare bcdepth=6;
#declare bczoffset = 0.20;
#declare bcthick=0.2;
#declare numshelves=7.0;
#declare floorlevel=-20;

#declare upright=
object {
 /*left side*/
  box { <bcthick, bcheight, bcdepth + bczoffset>, < 0, 0, bczoffset>
     pigment { color red .4 green .1 blue .2 }
  translate y*floorlevel
 }
}

#declare shelf=
object {
 /*bottom*/
 box { <bcthick, bcwidth, bcdepth + bczoffset>, < 0, 0, bczoffset>
     pigment { color red .4 green .1 blue .2 }

     rotate <0, 0, 90>
  translate y*(floorlevel)
  translate x*bcwidth
 }
}

#declare loadedbookcase=
union {

 object { upright }
 object {
  upright
  translate x*28
  }

 object { shelf translate y*bcthick }

  #declare Cnt=1;
 #declare Shelfheight=bcheight/numshelves;
    #while (Cnt<=numshelves)
  #declare CurrHeight=(Shelfheight*Cnt);
     object { shelf translate y*CurrHeight }
        #declare Cnt=Cnt+1;
    #end

  }
object { loadedbookcase translate z*-126  }
object { loadedbookcase translate x*-40 translate z*-126 }

Post a reply to this message