POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : default background color Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  default background color (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Dennis Miller
Subject: default background color
Date: 29 Jan 2003 09:47:35
Message: <3e37e987$1@news.povray.org>
Is there any way to change the default background, for example to a black
that is video legal? (.062, .062, .062)
I'd rather not have to add  a background color to all of my scenes.

Thanks much,
Dennis

--

dhm### [at] attbicom
http://www.dennismiller.neu.edu

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: default background color
Date: 29 Jan 2003 10:13:38
Message: <3e37efa2@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:
> Is there any way to change the default background, for example to a black
> that is video legal? (.062, .062, .062)

  What is "video legal"?

> I'd rather not have to add  a background color to all of my scenes.

  Why not?

From: Tom Melly
Date: 29 Jan 2003 10:15:20
Message: <3e37f008$1@news.povray.org>
"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> Is there any way to change the default background, for example to a black
> that is video legal? (.062, .062, .062)
> I'd rather not have to add  a background color to all of my scenes.
>
> Thanks much,
> Dennis

Not sure - still, if you use, for example, #include "colors.inc" in all your
scenes, you could just add:
background{rgb 0.062}
to that file.

Post a reply to this message