POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : default background color : Re: default background color Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: default background color
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Jan 2003 10:33:54
Message: <cjameshuff-05FC61.10320829012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e37e987$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:

> Is there any way to change the default background, for example to a black
> that is video legal? (.062, .062, .062)
> I'd rather not have to add  a background color to all of my scenes.

It's just one line, and the scene description is where it belongs. You
could patch POV to have a different default, or patch one of the
standard includes that you use in every scene, but an update or
reinstall of POV or an attempt to render on another machine will make it
go wrong, you will have to make the same modification. Best to just
leave it in the scene file.

If it is a part of other stuff common to all of the scenes, or if you
want to be able to adjust it for all scenes in one place, you could put
it in an include file of your own.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/