POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help understanding Image Maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Help understanding Image Maps (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David
Subject: Help understanding Image Maps
Date: 25 Jul 2005 17:05:01
Message: <web.42e5538dc1284b04556e34270@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to create a cylinder with a logo design upon its surface.

I've created the logo in GIMP and its in PNG format.  At this point I have
two problems:

1) For the life of me, I can't get a PNG into POV that has a transparent
background.  I want the logo to be over the top of a (POV) textured
cylinder.  What settings should i use to get a Transparent PNG (or GIF, or
?).

2) The image that is mapped to the cylinder "reflects" onto the far side of
the cylinder. This creates problems when i try to scale the image to the
approprate size, as the two images (primary and reflection) smear each
other.  How do I make it not reflect?

You can see what I'm talking about here:

http://www.zigaero.com/images/cylinderFlag.jpg
http://www.zigaero.com/images/cylinderFlag2.jpg

Here is the code for the flag object:

#declare motorLabel = cylinder {
        <0,0,0> <(2*3),0,0>, (2*(bodyRadius+0.0001))
        pigment {
                image_map {
                        png "flagTestTrans.png"
                        map_type 0