POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : v3.6 for WinXP, Syntax hilighting info. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  v3.6 for WinXP, Syntax hilighting info. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Steve
Subject: v3.6 for WinXP, Syntax hilighting info.
Date: 22 Nov 2007 17:02:07
Message: <Xns99F0E041CC2DDstevezeroppsuklinuxn@203.29.75.35>
Hi all,

I'm not a new user but this is a fairly basic question: which file are the
syntactical hilighting rules kept in?  I want to take the colours I'm using
on one PC and put them on another so that I don't have to go through the
process of difining them individually all over again.

Really enjoying getting back to POV, and am working fairly slowly but
steadily on quite a big project, hopefully be finished within a year or so.
I don't really have much time at the moment for POVing but all that should
change in a couple of months.

Cheers
Steve

http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net

Post a reply to this message

> which file are the syntactical hilighting rules kept in?

It probably isn't possible to do what you describe in Windows. Your e-mail hints
that you're more familiar with Linux..? This is probably only available with
third party Linux editors. In Windows the rendering executable and editor is
one and the same and the highlighting is handled by an external DLL (CodeMax).

Your cunning plain is no more. -Sorry!

Post a reply to this message

>> which file are the syntactical hilighting rules kept in?
>
> It probably isn't possible to do what you describe in Windows. Your
> e-mail hints that you're more familiar with Linux..? This is probably
> only available with third party Linux editors. In Windows the
> rendering executable and editor is one and the same and the
> highlighting is handled by an external DLL (CodeMax).
>
> Your cunning plain is no more. -Sorry!

I feared as much from what I read in the docs, thanks for the reply.