POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help creating realistic stone desert - 1 attachment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  help creating realistic stone desert - 1 attachment (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: ehmdjii
Subject: help creating realistic stone desert - 1 attachment
Date: 23 Oct 2003 07:19:10
Message: <Xns941D877C2F8A5ehmdjiiNOSPAMgmxnet@204.213.191.226>
hi,
i want to create a scene in a stone-desert.
it should look like chris hormann did it here:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/pict/the_eye.jpg

i want a sand-stone-tex.

i attached a pic to show how far i am now.

thanks for any help!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tex.jpg' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'tex.jpg'
tex.jpg

From: Tom Melly
Date: 23 Oct 2003 09:06:47
Message: <3f97d267$1@news.povray.org>
"ehmdjii" <ehm### [at] SPAMgmxnet> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> hi,

hi ehmdjii,

Please don't post attachments to this group. You can either post to
images.binary or just provide a link to the image on a website (as you did with
Chris's).

> i want to create a scene in a stone-desert.
> it should look like chris hormann did it here:
> http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/pict/the_eye.jpg
>
> i want a sand-stone-tex.

If you're just after the texture, I would suggest emailing Chris directly or
posting a "Hey Chris" message to povray.general and see if he'll send you the
texture(s). If you want to model a similiar scene in every detail, then I
suggest you ask if he can lend you his brain.... (but you might alternatively
want to start reading about iso-surfaces in the docs ;)

Post a reply to this message