POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fog and media containers problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Fog and media containers problem (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Louis Somers
Subject: Fog and media containers problem
Date: 31 Jul 2003 14:47:09
Message: <Xns93C9D3238417Enospam0546179student@204.213.191.226>
Hi, I'm new to PovRay and raytracing, since I downloaded it I love it.

I'm trying to make a outdoor scene with a "flame" (sphere with some media
in it). Without using fog the scene looks ok, but when using fog, the
sphere which contains the media becomes visible. Changing the fog distance
helps, but ruins the rest of the scene.

The sphere is declared like this:

#declare flame = sphere{
 <0,0,0>,2
 pigment { color transmit 1.0 }
 hollow
 interior {
  media {
   absorption 50
   emission 28
   scattering {1, 1}
   density {fire}
   translate wind*clock
   }
  }
 }

I also tried

pigment { rgbf <1,1,1,1> }

but nothing seems to work. Is there a way to make the sphere invisible so
that even the fog continues inside it, or at least not "condense" around
it's boundarys? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,
Louis

Post a reply to this message

Louis Somers <nos### [at] studenthronl> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Hi, I'm new to PovRay and raytracing, since I downloaded it I love it.
>
> I'm trying to make a outdoor scene with a "flame" (sphere with some media
> in it). Without using fog the scene looks ok, but when using fog, the
> sphere which contains the media becomes visible. Changing the fog distance
> helps, but ruins the rest of the scene.

Sounds like the same problem I had...
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/31751/

Make sure there's no filter component in your fog.

RG

Post a reply to this message