POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fog and media containers problem : Re: Fog and media containers problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog and media containers problem
From: Louis Somers
Date: 1 Aug 2003 06:47:05
Message: <Xns93CA81BEA9581nospam0546179student@204.213.191.226>
"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in news:3f2a12a5$1@news.povray.org:

> Sounds like the same problem I had...
> http://news.povray.org/povray.general/31751/
>
> Make sure there's no filter component in your fog.
>
> RG

Thanks, that works. Unfortunately transmit also causes the effect. But at
least I know it's not the container I should be looking at.

I'm using the fog just to fade the horizon a bit, without filter or
transmit it's too bright.

I now have it set to this:

fog{fog_type 2
    rgb <0.9, 0.9, 0.9>
    transmit 0.5
    fog_offset 20
    fog_alt    7
    distance   70}

It does help if I change the distance to 250 (the effect is still there,
but so dim that no one will notice unless they are really looking for it).
but then there is a visible borderline in the plane before the horizon
where the fog starts.

Any ideas maybe how to fade that borderline out or something? That would be
a good workaround.

Thanks again,
Louis