POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Convert Wavefront OBJect files to POV-Script Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Convert Wavefront OBJect files to POV-Script (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Chris B
Subject: Re: Convert Wavefront OBJect files to POV-Script
Date: 28 Aug 2008 06:16:44
Message: <48b67b0c$1@news.povray.org>
"Robert Baker" <kor### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Is there a program to convert Wavefront .OBJ files into .pov files?

The downloadable PoseRay application converts .obj files to POV-Ray objects.

> Perhaps an .svg->.pov converter would also be a good idea...

SVG is only a 2D graphics format whereas POV-Ray is 3D. The downloadable
InkScape SVG editor can save SVG files directly into POV-Ray format,
creating a series of POV-Ray prism objects to represent the 2D shapes in 3D.

Regards,
Chris B

Post a reply to this message