POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : absolute coordinates Server Time
30 Jun 2024 14:52:44 EDT (-0400)
  absolute coordinates (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Sergey
Subject: absolute coordinates
Date: 11 Feb 2011 00:59:49
Message: <4d54d055@news.povray.org>
Hello! My name is Sergey.

How to translate a texture of object to absolute coordinates? For example,
to beginning of coordinates.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: absolute coordinates
Date: 11 Feb 2011 06:41:35
Message: <4d55206f$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/11/2011 01:59 AM, Sergey wrote:
> Hello! My name is Sergey.
>
> How to translate a texture of object to absolute coordinates? For example,
> to beginning of coordinates.

the texture elements (pigment and normal) are subject to same
transformations as objects (scale, translate, rotate) the exception with
texture elements is finish ... it's not individually transformable like
pigment and normal are, but moves with the texture block.

for instance:

box {<0,0,0>, <1,1,1>
  texture {T_Wood1
  translate <0.5,0.5,0>
  scale <0.5,0.5,1>
  rotate x*90
  }

for more details see the reference section 3.5 Textures

Post a reply to this message