POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : absolute coordinates : Re: absolute coordinates Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: absolute coordinates
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 11 Feb 2011 08:51:02
Message: <4d553ec6$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/11/2011 09:41 AM, Sergey wrote:
> Function "Translate" moves a texture concerning current coordinates. I want
> to move a texture on the specified absolute coordinates, to specified place.

hmmm ... perhaps I'm misunderstanding. From my previous example, the
texture applied to the box (once it's positioned on the box the way you
want it) it's "glued" to the object ... it moves with the box. If the
area of the texture isn't viewable after the box is transformed, again
scale, rotate, translate in the texture definition to reposition ...
maybe uv_mapping is really what you want. Only certain shapes support
uv_mapping ... Reference-> Textures -> UV Mapping

sorry if I'm confusing the issue