POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newsgroups are quiet... Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Newsgroups are quiet... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Simon
Subject: Newsgroups are quiet...
Date: 13 Mar 2010 14:08:04
Message: <4b9be294$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I'm keeping an eye on some of the POV newsgroups for the first time in a
while - b-i, b-a, s-f, adv-u, new-u, etc...

And it all seems to be very quiet. I'm using a new newsgroup reader so
am unsure if the news groups are just a lot quieter nowadays or if I've
got something not working properly this end.

Anyone else noticed things are a bit quiet around here?

Post a reply to this message

> Anyone else noticed things are a bit quiet around here?

There's got to be some irony in having no replies to a thread asking if
things are quieter around here :)

Post a reply to this message

>> Anyone else noticed things are a bit quiet around here?
>
> There's got to be some irony in having no replies to a thread asking if
> things are quieter around here :)

Shush!

We're sleeping in PovRay Off Topic, where off topic. topics are
discussed ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I'm keeping an eye on some of the POV newsgroups for the first time in a
> while - b-i, b-a, s-f, adv-u, new-u, etc...
>
> And it all seems to be very quiet. I'm using a new newsgroup reader so
> am unsure if the news groups are just a lot quieter nowadays or if I've
> got something not working properly this end.
>
> Anyone else noticed things are a bit quiet around here?

Some of the groups are quiet or asleep, sometimes for a long time.

The groups that are usualy active are:
povray.binaries.images
povray.bugsreports
povray.general
povray.newusers
povray.advanced-users
povray.beta-test
povray.windows

Those for other OS have some activity, but, as I'm on windows, I don't
frequent them.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

"Simon" <POVRay'*remove*this*soware.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm keeping an eye on some of the POV newsgroups for the first time in a
> while - b-i, b-a, s-f, adv-u, new-u, etc...
>
> And it all seems to be very quiet. I'm using a new newsgroup reader so
> am unsure if the news groups are just a lot quieter nowadays or if I've
> got something not working properly this end.
>
> Anyone else noticed things are a bit quiet around here?

Most active newsgroups is off-topic.