POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Changing cameraposition with buttonclicks Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Changing cameraposition with buttonclicks (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Kuiyen
Subject: Changing cameraposition with buttonclicks
Date: 29 May 2008 07:25:00
Message: <web.483e91f22e491e5c7f95207b0@news.povray.org>
Hallo,

What is the API for PovRay?
I want to write a small programm to change the cameraposition with buttonclicks
on a window? ( for example : changing from looking from right of the object to
left )
Later I want to have a window with a slider that can change the cameraangle in
X,Y and Z axises

Does somebody has tips about this?

Thank you

ps: I hope you can understand my english , its been long time since i don't use
it.

Post a reply to this message

> I want to write a small programm to change the cameraposition with buttonclicks
> on a window? ( for example : changing from looking from right of the object to
> left )
> Later I want to have a window with a slider that can change the cameraangle in
> X,Y and Z axises
>
> Does somebody has tips about this?
>
> Thank you
>

> ps: I hope you can understand my english , its been long time since i don't use
> it.

The simplest way to do this is to generate a POV file and call POVray to
generate an image to use. Look at +I and +O command line options.

--
You know you've been raytracing too long when...
you refresh your inbox after sending a message

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 29 May 2008 11:08:54
Message: <483ec706@news.povray.org>
Jan Dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:
> --
> You know you've been raytracing too long when...
> you refresh your inbox after sending a message
>                 -Johnny D

  This one I didn't get.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Jan Dvorak
Date: 29 May 2008 11:45:47
Message: <483ecfab$1@news.povray.org>
Warp napsal(a):
> Jan Dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:
>> --
>> You know you've been raytracing too long when...
>> you refresh your inbox after sending a message
>>                 -Johnny D
>
>   This one I didn't get.

I will change it to
You know you've been reading newsgroups too long when...

it's not raytracing specific, even at the slightest

--
You know you've been raytracing too long when...
you start thinking up your own "You know you've been raytracing too long

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 29 May 2008 17:43:44
Message: <483f2390@news.povray.org>
> What is the API for PovRay?

POV is a stand-alone program that can be
invoked from the comand line, not a library
to call from other programs.

It would be easier to calculate a camera
rotation in your own code than to try to
make POV do it for you.
Say for example you have a previously
rendered image 640x480 with a 67.38
degree horizontal viewing angle, and
a 50.54 degree vertical veiwing angle.
Then a click coords on the image (X,Y), this
would mean that the camera could be rotated
to point at that spot...
rotate <(Y/480-0.5)*50.54, (X/640-0.5)*67.38, 0>
all you need to do is keep track of your previous
rotation.